With the weather getting increasingly cold and frosty this week, we hope you agree that there is no better time for a warm cup of tea to stay cosy. However, this week at the Willow & Hall residence, we’ve gone one step further and found a festive take on this British classic. Tried and tested by us at the office, this recipe uses our favourite ingredients for a cosy cuppa and makes 4 servings.
So, whether you’re looking for a cuppa in front of the telly on your Willow & Hall sofa, or want an easy and festive alternative to Earl Grey to impress your guests this Christmas, look no further…
2 × cups of water, 3 × tea bags (unflavoured black tea), 1 × 3 inch cinnamon stick
1 × cup of passion fruit nectar, 3 × tablespoons of honey, 2 × tablespoons of lemon juice
4 × slices of lemon (1 per mug for decoration)
1. In a medium saucepan, bring water to boil.
2. Afterwards, add the tea bags and cinnamon stick.
3. After stirring, reduce the heat and leave to simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes.
4. Then, discard the tea bags and cinnamon stick.
5. For the finishing touch, stir in the nectar, honey, and lemon juice and heat through.
6. Pour the spiced tea into four mugs, floating a small slice of lemon on top of each for decoration.
7. Enjoy and cosy up!
We like to serve Spiced Tea in our Willow & Hall cosy mugs, with a mince pie on the side. Leave a comment and let us know how you enjoy yours!
…And on the topic of tea and all things British, why not pop down to our Cosy Showroom for a cuppa and a chat about our lovely, hand-made products? The Cosy Showroom is closed from 22nd December to 2nd January so it’s likely to be rather busy post-festivities. To arrange a cosy appointment with us, please give the team a call on 0845 163 5949.
For a printable version of this recipe, please click here.